Internet of Things (IoT) has been redefining how apps, medical devices, clinical staff and patients interact and connect with each other in delivering care. IoT has created a new benchmark with respect to integrated healthcare systems and ensuring enhanced healthcare at significantly lower costs. From ingestible cameras with digital sensors to mood enhancing wearables, IoT has opened up infinite possibilities for the healthcare segment. Mobiliya has been actively pursuing IoT healthcare solutions focusing particularly on scenarios such as remote health monitoring, energy management, security and surveillance.
Remote Health Monitoring
A robust IoT based health monitoring solution can be a life saver for patients especially for patients with heart disease or those showing symptoms and signs of heart problems. Mobiliya helps OEMs, sensor manufacturers and platform providers in healthcare industry to build comprehensive solution integrating all technology components:
- Integrate a wearable / patient health monitoring device (used by the patient) with the patient’s mobile app or gateway to collect vital information on critical health parameters
- Ingest the patient data into the cloud or servers to further process and derive results
- Building data inventory for insights and decision support
- Make the data available to all the relevant stakeholders such as doctor, patient, medical operator, supervisor and the customer service agent
- Enable data analytics, predictive analytics and reporting mechanism
- Trigger alerts and facilitate time for early diagnosis of patients before developing serious complications thereby becoming a life-saving tool along with cost and time
To discuss more about Remote Health Monitoring solution, send us an inquiry on email@example.com
The healthcare industry landscape is changing dynamically with respect to technology and care services. At the same time the facilities are dealing with budget constraints and increasing competition in the market. This puts pressure on medical or healthcare facilities to consider operating cost reduction without compromising on the care quality.
Being in the emergency segment, healthcare facilities usually operate all-round the day and thus consumes significant energy each day. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, in-patient facilities spend more than $5 billion per year on energy spends. Optimizing on energy bills requires automating operation of appliances and systems by leveraging IoT based solution which controls, predicts and reports the consumption across the premise.
Mobiliya with its end-to-end expertise in consulting and implementing IoT solutions, helps healthcare industry enable energy management for their facilities:
- Connected systems can monitor and maintain critical power, ensure patient comfort, and improve patient satisfaction
- Smart-room’ control solution for auto-managing HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning) lighting and shades/sunblind control in hospital rooms based on occupancy
- Dashboard analytics can demonstrate how much electricity hospital assets consume and enable facility managers to make strategic decisions regarding the buildings they manage
Read about Mobiliya Energy Management solution
To discuss more about Mobiliya Energy Management solution, send us an inquiry on firstname.lastname@example.org
Security and Surveillance
Like any other public place, hospitals witness footfall and activities 24x7. Monitoring patients, visitors, and staff is vital. Typical surveillance needs at hospitals are:
- To avoid workplace violence
- Monitoring infant/pediatric areas
- Monitoring emergency room & clinical areas
- Monitoring internal/external thefts
- Parking lot security
- Staff safety & security
How IoT can help in Healthcare Security & Surveillance:
- Healthcare facilities hire patient observers (sometimes called patient sitters) or assign staff to monitor patients at risk for falls or on suicide watch, and those who are confused or agitated. Healthcare organizations can lower the costs of patient observation using connected video surveillance and sensors. For example, when a sensor detects a vacant bed, the DSS can quickly alert the staff.
- DSS and sensors can be used to detect when a person crosses the threshold of a room; hospital personnel receive an alert on a desktop or mobile device, and can either visit the room or view real-time video to see if the visitor is authorized.
- The system can also be programmed to send an alert if the threshold is not crossed for a defined period of time, indicating that a clinician has not checked the patient at the prescribed interval.
- Similarly surveillance in parking lots can be made smart using Deep Learning to detect vehicle make, mode, license plate etc. The system can be trained to detect suspicious activity and raise alerts.
Read about Mobiliya ThirdEye solution
To discuss more about security and surveillance solution, send us an inquiry on email@example.com